From Tokyo Marathon 2018 (Sunday, February 25, 2018), the number of entry places for charity runners will be increased from 3,000 to 4,000.
And we try to make new system of charity!
The outline is below
1. The number of entry places for charity runners will be increased to 4,000 from Tokyo Marathon 2018 (2017: 3,000 charity runners)
2. Trial program for official recipient programs (Active Charity)
- Out of 4,000 charity entry places, up to 100 places in total will be made available for recipient programs to secure in advance.
- Recipient programs will promote and raise funds through those secured places on their own.
3. The application period will be changed as below:
3,900 places: July 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
100 places for the Active Charity: July 1, 2017 - August 31, 2017
Please read more detail.