( Race safety starts with you )
The marathon may halt
mid-race in the event of:
- An earthquake of magnitude 5 or higher.
- Any other major accident or emergency
in the vicinity of the course
In case of emergencies,
please be sure to carry
the following items:
- A Mobile Device
for important information & updates
- An IC Travel Card
for a safe & smooth return journey
Get access to
the latest information:
- Download the official app or follow
Tokyo Marathon Foundation on social
media for notifications/
updates on the latest emergency
- Tokyo Marathon Foundation App
- Download free via
Google Play or the App Store
- To receive push notifications from the app,
please adjust your phone settings as necessary.
In the event of a
J-ALERT is Japan’s official
missile warning system
In the event of an alarm, please
remain calm and follow the
directions of marathon officials.
- For your own safety and of other
participants, please avoid sudden stops
or direction changes on the course.