Handling the personal information
The Tokyo Marathon Foundation provides runners, volunteers, and spectators with more opportunities to participate in sporting activities, by holding the annual Tokyo Marathon race in February and other running events.
The official membership club of the Tokyo Marathon Foundation “ONE TOKYO” has provided members with various information on running/marathon. Also, through its charity programs, the Tokyo Marathon Foundation is contributing to society.
We understand the importance of the personal information collected from anyone who participate our events, and handle such information with utmost care.
The personal information that we hold will be protected with various security measures described below.
- 1. Observance of our statutory and regulatory obligations and all applicable laws
- We strive to use and manage the personal information we hold in compliance with the Tokyo Marathon Foundation’s privacy protection regulations, which is set according to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of May 30, 2003) and other statutory and regulatory obligations and all applicable laws.
- 2. Collection, use and disclosure of personal information
- The Tokyo Marathon Foundation collects, uses, and disclose personal information we hold under our personal information protection management system, which is designed in compliance with the Personal Information Protection Management Systems requirements set forth in the JIS Q 15001:2006 standard. Basically, we only collect and retain personal information that individual participants/website visitors provide voluntarily at certain points, including when registering for the race. The purpose of collecting personal information will be specified in advance, and the Tokyo Marathon Foundation limits the collection of personal information to what is necessary to achieve the purposes previously advised to participants.
- 3. Personal information management
- The Tokyo Marathon Foundation shall manage and protect personal information properly by taking appropriate security measures against loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage.
- 4. Continuous improvement
- We make necessary efforts to ensure the continuous improvement of our personal information protection management system.
- 5. Making requests regarding the handling of your personal information
- If you wish to 1. Obtain a copy of the personal data that we hold on you, 2. Correct any information provided from you, 3. Request us not to disclose your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*To obtain a copy of your personal data, you’ll need to bear the necessary cost set by the Foundation’s privacy protection regulations.
- 6. General
Tokyo Marathon Foundation Helpdesk
8F Ariake Frontier Bldg. Tower B, 3-7-26 Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0063 JAPAN
Tel: +81-3-5500-6677 Fax: +81-3-5500-6678
Office Hours: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Except Saturdays, Sundays and National Holidays)
Tokyo Marathon Foundation President/CEO：Koji Sakurai