Information about the Tokyo Marathon 2018 for anyone involved.
The Tokyo Marathon asks for the cooperation of our runners, volunteers and spectators in understanding and supporting our security measures. We have titled our safety enhancement project ”SAFE&SECURE” and is striving to ensure that the marathon is the safest marathon in the world and the one which everyone can feel secure taking part in.
The Tokyo Marathon is requesting that the Tokyo Marathon runners and volunteers
cooperate in activities aimed at ensuring the marathon is a safe and secure one.
Activities will include the wearing of wristbands and awareness-raising via the official website.
Reinforcing the surveillance system
- Expand the coverage of surveillance to the entire course, rather than
the just covering the headquarters and major locations.
-Increased installation of security cameras
（2017 – 86 cameras → 2018 – 133 cameras）
- Increased installation of Clip Cameras.
- In addition to the monitoring center at the headquarters, implement the
mobile monitoring center at Hibiya Park
Measures against intruding vehicles
- Protection against terrors of intruding vehicles, etc.
- Deployment of vehicle barriers along the course and at major locations
Taking and registering face photos of all runners upon Number Card pick-up at the Tokyo Marathon EXPO 2018
- Utilizing the registered information for security measures like preventing falsifying entries, etc.
Vehicle barrier for preventing terror attack
The Tokyo Marathon puts up the posters and make participants prepare for the unexpected, including the race discontinuation.
You can check our website for more details.